Bitmain - Prices are Ridiculous

Giovanni

I know, I know... you are a business, and you here to make money. Compared to other vendors, you are still better. However, charging $140 USD for shipment of 2 S3 miners + high cost of the miners themselves costs more now than it did months ago. Just had to get this thought out there
Cheesy
Cheesy
Shocked

Dhruv

S3 B1 was 0.75BTC each. On release date, BTC was $620, so each S3 was $465. Total cost for 2 was $930.

S3 B5 was 0.68BTC each. On release date, BTC was $585, so each S3 was $397.80. Total cost for 2 was $795.60.

S3+ B10 is 0.572BTC each. At $400, that's $228.80 each, so $457.60. Shipped to my door via UPS adds 0.333BTC or $133.20. Total cost for 2 is $590.80.

Certainly looks like they've gotten cheaper to me...

Yadiel

After seeing the B10 price I was sooooo happy I got in on B9 at the last literal second. It sucks the price of btc is so low and that's why the price is so high for equipment. But the price of btc is going the right direction so hopefully we will go back to normal here soon.

Jermaine

After seeing the B10 price I was sooooo happy I got in on B9 at the last literal second. It sucks the price of btc is so low and that's why the price is so high for equipment. But the price of btc is going the right direction so hopefully we will go back to normal here soon.
Lucky you, many people missed the B9 boat
Sad

Stone

Bitmain has the cheapest available GH at the moment afaik.

The question you are asking is: will newly bought hardware ROI (quickly).

Nobody can answer that question, as nobody knows the price of BTC in the future, aswell as the difficulty, your power costs...

Cash

Looks like the prices aren't that bad and some people are buing in bulk.
GAW just announced that they bought over 5 Petahash from them.