Government figures or politicians supporting Bitcoin?

Bennett

For long, politicians have been skeptical about crypto/Blockchain tech as it provides an "escape route" from the existing monetary system controlled by governments worldwide. Some of them have seen the benefits of this emerging industry, showing their support for crypto. In the US, a presidential candidate named "Andrew Yang" publicly expressed his support for crypto/Blockchain technology. Other politicians have touched the subject lightly. All of this is good since it helps Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies grow in the mainstream world. The same politicians supporting this emerging industry, could perform legislations to make crypto/Blockchain tech more legitimate in the mainstream world. Yet, the number of politicians supporting crypto is very small compared to those who don't.

Which politicians support Bitcoin? Do you think world leaders will embrace crypto/Blockchain tech at its fullest? Or will they go against it? What impact will mainstream politics have in the future direction of Bitcoin? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Smiley

Waylon

Let us expect that there will be a few countries that will go against it as it can't please all of them. I think these politicians doesn't really see the technicalities of bitcoin but they only see it simply as an investment asset and, as long as it can potentially give profit to the investors, that's how they understand and giving it an importance.

The impact, I guess not that much for those politicians and countries that doesn't really have a say about bitcoin or blockchain. They will never know how many bitcoin people are there in their country unless there's an established exchange in their place and being used by most.

Junior

Everything's just a matter of time. It is slowly happening, the understanding of Bitcoin by politicians. However, if the current batch of politicians are really against Bitcoin, then I am more than sure the next ones, which are composed of younger minds, would be in favor of it.

It is expected that the old dogs are the hardest to convince. In the first place, Bitcoin is alien to many of them. Aside from that, they're already too comfortable and have a stake in the old system. Perhaps a great many of them are puppets of the old elites, the ones who built and benefited from the current system.

Ayden

Cryptocurrency becomes more powerful from day to day. This tendency can't be ignored of put aside by politicians.
Bitcoin or crypto friendly politicians:
The US congressman Jared Polis was vocal on Bitcoin in March 2019.
Andrew Hemingway spoke about the potential of distributed ledger tech and praised blockchain.
Gulnar Hasnain, a Green Party candidate running for a district in Central London, noted that she wants to draw attention to the positive aspects of blockchain technology.
George Galloway, a Mayoral candidate for London, announced his plans to leverage blockchain technology and track the Mayor of London’s expenditure in a bid for greater transparency.

Legacy

Everything's just a matter of time. It is slowly happening, the understanding of Bitcoin by politicians. However, if the current batch of politicians are really against Bitcoin, then I am more than sure the next ones, which are composed of younger minds, would be in favor of it.

It is expected that the old dogs are the hardest to convince. In the first place, Bitcoin is alien to many of them. Aside from that, they're already too comfortable and have a stake in the old system. Perhaps a great many of them are puppets of the old elites, the ones who built and benefited from the current system.
Definitely those hard ass old dogs will be the last to accept the capabilities but I do not think that they still have a big leverage over and they can do so because they have connections. I think the best thing that the old dogs can do is convince those in favor of mass adoption to vote in their favor. Further studies to make sure all loopholes in cryptocurrency is covered will hopefully make this old dogs consider their stance on mass adoption.

There will be old dogs that will be in support of Bitcoin but I think their number does not outweigh the current political climate to make a dent. Young and visionary politician will be the key to victory for this kind of issue.

Ulises

I have seen in our country also not many politicians truly understand the bitcoin. based on the media reports or just reading negative news only they demand that it should not be allowed as it is threat, people lose money etc. They are not ready to understand the advantages or deeply go through it and this is where it hurts the most.