Is there a Fake Bitcoin?

Cristian

In the real world, we used fiat or physical money in our daily spending. And this physical notes can be use in fraudulence or a so-called Fake Money.
How about in Cryptoworld, is there also a Fake Bitcoin? If there's any, how can we identify it?
There are many kind of fake Bitcoin some coin use the name of Bitcoin and some of them comparing bitcoin to their coin. Actually in our country many people are not knowledgeable about bitcoin so when the scammer compare their coin to bitcoin they will believe and invest their money.

Dante

I do not think that this is possible to implement due to the specifics of the system. Therefore, bitcoin is also safer than fiat.

Phoenix

Anything outside of the current bitcoin ( btc ), hence forks, aren't real bitcoin imo. Anything operated by both Craig Wright ( Bitcoin SV ) or Roger Ver ( Bitcoin Cash / Bcash ) , I'd especially consider a "fake bitcoin".

Colin

Many fake bitcoins are created, claiming to be better than real bitcoins.
this is a common thing that many developers create other coins that will rival real Bitcoin. Fake Bitcoins certainly create a fork that seems to want to say they are the real Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is still Bitcoin and cannot be counterfeited. If there are other coins that have the first name Bitcoin, it can be ascertained that they are only forked coins such as Bitcoin Cash, BSV, BTG and others.

Rafael

Yes.

It's called Bitcoin Cash.

Smiley

Another one is Bitcoin Satoshi Vision.
Nice answer I was about to say the same thing all of the fork of Bitcoin are fake and they claim to be better and to be the real BTC while they are just an imitation of the true BTC.
This is really funny how they keep on insisting that they are the real BTC and what's even funnier is that there are people who strongly believe and supports them.

Kyle

In the real world, we used fiat or physical money in our daily spending. And this physical notes can be use in fraudulence or a so-called Fake Money.
How about in Cryptoworld, is there also a Fake Bitcoin? If there's any, how can we identify it?
There are many fake Bitcoins out there. Infact they are more than you could ever imagine.
Another fake bitcoin is coming soon. And that's Bitcoin Black. I know charcoals is important but charcoal is never a currency so I'm still wondering what bitcoin black is.

Beckham

That is actually a good topic that many users like me can think about since I have never considered the fact that having a face Bitcoin but I thought about would be called as Alternate Cryptocurrencies but I guess it does not work that way.

Seeing Bitcoin Cash in the comments made me realize to research more about it since people are saying it was a good fork. I always thought forks are for when the volume is going overboard and they wanted to lessen the volume of where they are going to do a fork.

Cayden

Yeah there are lots and if you do try to search up on CMC then you can find these Bitcoin shitcoins.

BitcoinCash(BCH)
BitcoinSV(BSV)
BitcoinGold(BTG)
BitcoinDiamond(BCD)
BitcoinPos(BPS)
BitcoinHD(BHD)
Bitcoin 2(BTC2)

Lots of fake eh?

Jaden

There is only "bitcoin". Any coins that say that they are the real bitcoin are the fake bitcoin. Most of the coins that got forked claims that they are real bitcoin. Don't listen to them. If they are the real bitcoin, why they called "bitcoin + something" instead of being "bitcoin"? Lol.
If you are taking about creating fake bitcoin within the bitcoin network, no it is not possible. You can't counterfeit bitcoin (on the same chain) like you can do with fiat currency.

Emerson

Bitcoin Cash and BSV are the ones which is considered the "Fake Bitcoin" in the crypto space.

These 2 are considered Fake Bitcoins because they are claiming that these 2 shitcoins are the real Bitcoin and not the Bitcoin itself but even though it is fake lets face it, it will take a long time before these coins to be out of the crypto or maybe they will be here forever. Maybe hate it probably like XRP back in the days but they don't fucking care. They will just spread the fake news which is disgusting especially for Ver who is spreading shitty news in the internet.

I hate these 2 coins especially BCH but I've been used them around 2-3 times already when I'm still gambling because of the very low fees instead of Bitcoin but aside from that, I don't use them anymore.

Erick

Yes.

It's called Bitcoin Cash.

Smiley

Another one is Bitcoin Satoshi Vision.
I am not a BCash or Bitcoin Fork fan, but I kinda disagree with this assumption that these are fake bitcoins. Remember, when someone counterfeits Fiat currencies, they make an exact (or close) copy of the original Fiat currencies. (notes or coins)

These forked coins are not an exact copy of the original Bitcoin (BTC) ....they tweaked several aspects of it and they used a different token to differentiate it from the original.

The strategy with these tokens are to use the word "Bitcoin" in their token to confuse people, in the hope that they would buy the wrong coin. (Just a cheap marketing strategy, like telling people that you have a Sale of up to 80% off on all items and you only have 2 items at a 80% reduction on the price.)
Roll Eyes