Less Volatile Coins

Waylon

I am a newbie on this forum and I have read my posts that people complaining how they lost their fund as a result of investing on Volatile coin like BTC. Is it now advisable for newbie like me to invest on less Volatile coin like Tether or Gemini USD.

Bennett

Well, about newbies in the world of cryptocurrency I have to say that the following phrase is reasonably confirmed: The higher the risk, the higher the reward.

Yes there are tons of people that lost money, investing on bitcoin. You want my advice? Don't invest in something you don't understand. If you do understand it, then you have to make up some things in your mind like, should I invest on a centralised coin? Do I need money fast? Did cryptos have a -5% loss past week? For example, did you know that those you mentioned are stable coins and they are made for this purpose?

If you did consider these things then you must know what to do. Adjuct risk and reward and get the greatest possibility.

Trading isn't a sport. Neither maths.

Ayden

I am a newbie on this forum and I have read my posts that people complaining how they lost their fund as a result of investing on Volatile coin like BTC. Is it now advisable for newbie like me to invest on less Volatile coin like Tether or Gemini USD.
I don't really understand why invest in stablecoins?
Stablecoins are bought to trade on cryptocurrencies, but now many exchanges allow trading in fiat / cryptocurrency pairs.
Read this thread, here you will find many helpful tips and titles of books to read
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5262967

Junior

If you want less volatile coin, bitcoin should be the first to come to your mind, altcoins have been the type that are more volatile. But, with the marketcap of bitcoin, it is undoubtedly the best out of the cryptocurrencies. Tether is not a high volatile coin, neither is tether a low volatile coin, tether is referred as a stable coin. I still do not get how you will invest in a stable coin like tether. I will still always prefer DAI which is more trust worthy, but stable coin can not give me the kind of profits I have gained while investing in bitcoin.

Legacy

Putting your money on Stable coins like Tether and Gemini USD without any price appreciation is more like staying in Fiat USD and is more riskier than staying in Fiat. So I advice you to better stay in Fiat USD, if you are worried about the price volatility in Bitcoin.

Ulises

I wouldn't say that's an investment, holding Tether is like holding dollars, the prize will not change, so, to have money doesn't mean we are investing.

If you want to invest then you have to select a coin who could give you some revenue with time, that's how it works.

Tyler

They are not investments. Those stable coins means nothing as an investment if that's what you're thinking.
There is no risk and volatility with those coins as if you're just holding a plain cash such as USD.

Bellamy

If you want less volatility, you probably hold USD, but we definitely wouldn't call it "investing". With that said, I'd much prefer BTC, a currency that goes up and down all the time(that can be worth a lot more in the long-term), rather than hold fiat currencies like the USD that's pretty much guaranteed to go down in value slowly but surely.

Micah

The way many people have lost money, in a similar way many people have made great profits from bitcoin investment. However, when you say investment, you need to invest in some assets whose price is expected to go up in future. So investment in USDT would not really count as an investment. Stablecoins are here for capital protection and not investment. Hope this makes sense!

Brooks

As far as I know, there is no such thing as investment in stablecoin. This is the crypto world, the most volatile investment ever. People are taking profit from the unstable market. If there are some coins that very stable, then how you making a profit from that? But if you looking for the most less volatile coin you can invest in Dogecoin.