Pix of one of the largest Bitcoin mines

Walter

what if someone destroy that place? how can they secure it?
They don't publicly give out the location of the warehouse housing the miners. That makes it more secure for them, because then the owners (and the article author) are the only people who know the location of it, and what goes on inside.

Francisco

Good lord. I think I'm going to need to change my freaking shorts after taking a gander at all that deliciousness! Really starting to look like China isn't wanting to be left behind on the Enterprise-Scale mining operations and with as many chip foundries and chip designers as that country has I wouldn't be at all surprised if > 50% of all the hash on the bitcoin network isn't contained within China's borders within 20-24 months. (putting away tin-foil hat)

Karson

yeah and it is very likely the power cost is under 5 cents a kwatt. If you look there where a lot of bitmaintech boxes.
so how about 1000 s-3's at 5 cents a kwatt? plus if bitmaintech built the place the gear was not .58btc a s-3 more like .2btc.
Competition against that is not really possible for the little guy.

Emerson

yeah and it is very likely the power cost is under 5 cents a kwatt. If you look there where a lot of bitmaintech boxes.
so how about 1000 s-3's at 5 cents a kwatt? plus if bitmaintech built the place the gear was not .58btc a s-3 more like .2btc.
Competition against that is not really possible for the little guy.
I think this is what new miners are failing to consider. They think the S3 costs 0.58BTC or whatever number they have on their website. The true cost to male it is some fraction of that, so when manufacturers want to build their own farm they can always beat home users.

Ronan

I just love how they couldn't be bothered to clean out the floor channels before putting in the wiring. Reminds me of new home builders that install carpeting without sweeping the floors first.