The Hypocrisy Behind Facebook Banning Crypto Ads

Thomas

Well, Facebook may be right to some extent, some scam projects perverted different social media and defrauded innocent investors, I think this is part of the reason Facebook took a harsh step in banning. Not everyone really understand how this works and it's require they learn before investing and not blindly buying anything on social media. Although other scam projects not related to Cryptocurrency still reigns on Facebook and other social platform.

Andrew

Well, Facebook may be right to some extent, some scam projects perverted different social media and defrauded innocent investors, I think this is part of the reason Facebook took a harsh step in banning. Not everyone really understand how this works and it's require they learn before investing and not blindly buying anything on social media. Although other scam projects not related to Cryptocurrency still reigns on Facebook and other social platform.
Those things really needed to face off by Facebook owner since his platform has been abused by so many scammers and it's a damage control for more upcoming scams since if they will not filter those things up for sure there are many scam victims around the world and hopefully there's something regulation comes interms on ICO and IEO so that the scams will be eliminate in the system.

Josiah

This is what happens when a platform's operation is totally centralized, of a truth there were many scammy projects that it helped get rid of, but the fact that the banning of ads coinciding with the launch of the libra project id enough fact to prove that it was only done to favour libra only.

Blockchain os gaining more popularity over time and i am sure that over time, there'll also be decentralization of social media platforms too.

Christopher

FB didn’t completely ban blockchain/cryptocurrency ads on their platform.
It’s depends on what kind of ads that you are promoting.

More info about this, you can check it here:
https://web.facebook.com/policies/a...ptocurrency_products_and_services?_rdc=1&_rdr

If you think your ads that you will publish not against the guidelines, you need to fill this special request form.
https://web.facebook.com/help/contact/532535307141067

About their cryptocurrency product (Libra), I think it’s not against their guidelines.
Why? Because they are not promoting the token sales.

Asher

However, the ban at least can hinder scam projects from getting people's money, especially those who don't really understand about cryptocurrency.

For me it's more to save their users from falling to scam than becoming hypocrite.

Jaxon

I think it's just a business, Facebook makes money from adds too! Banning crypto-advertising is their move to stop private marketing
from their users. While I had Facebook and crypto-related friends I think everyone advertised something, to be honest it was massively
used by crypto-related users.
Probably they will allow crypto-adds in the future, but they will set up rules and probably who wish advertising on Facebook
will need to go directly to them.

Lincoln

However, the ban at least can hinder scam projects from getting people's money, especially those who don't really understand about cryptocurrency.

For me it's more to save their users from falling to scam than becoming hypocrite.
That make sense specially now that there are a lot of tokens and coins that was being introduced through facebook advertising. I have noticed some of them are obviously a scam or a shitcoin. Those shitcoins will bring bad image in cryptocurrency for the people who has yet to have enough knowledge about crypto.

Leo

The banning of all Crypto currency related advertisements was mostly due to a herd mentality that existed at the time, because when one large social media company does something, the rest will soon follow their example. During that time a lot of ICO scams was doing the rounds and these social media giants received a lot of complaints from people who got scammed.

They took drastic preventative measures to ban all Crypto currency advertisements in an attempt to protect their users. The ICO scene has since collapsed and there are a lot less ICO related scams, doing the rounds.

Since the introduction of Libra, Facebook decided to revisit the "blanket ban" on all Crypto currency related projects, to allow their own token to be advertised on their platform. < Centralized authority can misuse their decision making powers >
Angry

Dylan

What can you expect with facebook, its a centralized and selfserving company. If there's only an alternative that i can connect with friends i will skip using facebook all together.

Anthony

What can you expect with facebook, its a centralized and selfserving company. If there's only an alternative that i can connect with friends i will skip using facebook all together.
There are some good platforms that reward people for using them, steemit, publishx0, some tries on tron network, but I think we are still waiting for some big blockchain social network. People spend time online and people would like to get paid for their time. We already have nice browsers that pays for using them, just for surfing the internet, browsers that pays you to watch ads, and soon we will have social network in the same manner, when that appears people will forget facebook.

Gabriel

Well as of now facebook is much more popular in terms of easy communication in your love once and friends .
All you mention is crypto related websites not for communication but mostly use for blog and any other update connected to crypto currency.
There is no one created the same as facebook that you can easily communicate and give updates to what you are doing .